Episode #67: AI Tsunami October 31, 2022
Listen on: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | RSS
James and Catherine unload on new phones, hyperlink irritants, and copyright restrictions before uncovering a tsunami of AI image generator talent
- 00:03 - Late (again) for Halloween
- 00:35 - Old people get new phones
- 01:40 - Hell is in the link
- 03:10 - "Free your Apple news"
- 04:20 - Chihuahua eats AI "homework"
- 05:55 - James dabbles and hits gold!
- 07:30 - AI vs. living artists
- 09:15 - Copyright doesn't protect your vibe
- 10:08 - "Always room for robots!"
- 12:20 - Are they coming for all of our jobs?
- 12:58 - Copyright primer
- 14:45 - Is there protection for AI art?
- 16:00 - Legal vs. moral, plus trademark
- 17:40 - AI advancement moving fast!
- 18:20 - Removing references to living artists makes it harder (but not really)
- 19:50 - The value of knowing
- 21:45 - How Much "Art" Can There Be In Artificial Intelligence?
- 22:52 - Second place winner speaks out
- 24:24 - Who really owns the creative output?
- 25:40 - Save time, just draw it!
- 26:05 - AI selfie filter fail
- 26:50 - "Draw Anyone" (with three arms?)
- 28:15 - Backwards AI gets snarky!
- 28:42 - Selfie roast
- 30:55 - Spicing up a "too nice" internet?
- 31:27 - James appeals to human kindness, then recants