Episode #51: Mona Lisa Eats Cake June 10, 2022
Listen on: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | RSS
- Deep dive into Minecraft
- Plumber shout out!
- Multiple follow-ups
- MET does good website!
- People and art students suck
- Betty Rubble
- 00:18 - Catherine chooses coffee over Bedrock
- 01:00 - Microsoft emails James
- 01:30 - History of Minecraft, the original blocky world
- 03:15 - Scripting, cross-platform, running native? What?
- 03:55 - SubRant embraces "tech geek world"
- 04:30 - Everything leads to "The Flintstones"
- 05:20 - Plumber shout out!
- 06:20 - Expansion tank saves the day!
- 06:44 - Nicholas is also a "Grocery Store Superstar"!
- 07:55 - Fake Bird surveillance joke follow up
- 09:25 - We're not art lawyers, but Catherine will test the waters
- 10:00 - We're not scientists either, so below are alternate sources
- 11:25 - James is a ruthless self-promoter (not)
- 12:05 - Now here's a really good museum website!
- 12:26 - MET Fly-through videos!
- 13:00 - "Fake" follow-up about curator responsibility
- 14:45 - Mona Lisa eats cake
- 16:40 - Breaking News: "People suck"
- 17:12 - James makes a case for cannibalism
- 17:50 - Groceries going MIA
- 18:58 - Forget Durango, just camp in San Francisco
- 21:15 - Details are important (and interesting)
- 22:10 - Marks of the mono print
- 23:26 - Intaglio embarrassment: Catherine gets mocked in art class
- 25:17 - Garbage torso painting is difficult because it's garbage!
- 26:20 - Education theory according to James
- 26:55 - Betty Rubble
- 27:25 - At least the plumbers are listening!