Episode #70: A.I. Art History December 2, 2022
Listen on: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | RSS
SubRant cohosts touch on eyeballs and pie while drafting their own conspiracy theories and pondering the place of AI in art history.
- 00:15 - Cream pie and a left eye
- 01:15 - No turkey, no salmon!
- 02:30 - Sweet words at Thanksgiving
- 03:25 - Uncles and conspiracies
- 05:05 - Crazy takes a "right"?
- 06:18 - Twitter chugs along
- 06:55 - Swastikas are not in vogue
- 08:00 - James unveils a conspiracy theory!
- 08:45 - How Is AI Changing Art History?
- 09:55 - Up in arms about detachment
- 11:00 - Directing AI or minions, what's the difference?
- 13:15 - Circuitous discourse on historical bias
- 14:00 - Modern Dream: How Refik Anadol Is Using Machine Learning and NFTs to Interpret MoMA's Collection
- 15:08 - Hold the hallucinations!
- 16:05 - Are we all just machines?
- 18:50 - "I see cubism"
- 19:50 - No talk of the show disappoints
- 21:30 - All ones and zeroes are the same
- 22:30 - Digital vs Physical
- 24:00 - The art of James
- 26:00 - Connection without nostalgia
- 27:45 - Mash-ups create new ideas
- 28:30 - AI is part of art history