Episode #59: Watch Prey and Your Cat August 12, 2022
Listen on: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | RSS
- Prey (2022) and Predator (1987)
- High tech litter boxes
- AI generated images vs editorial illustration
- Again with the dead cow head
- 00:18 - Let's both not talk about the movie you didn't see
- 00:58 - Newsflash: There is no "Prey 1"
- 02:00 - Catherine answers a citizenship question
- 03:00 - Streaming negates need for movie theaters
- 04:15 - James recommends "Prey" (2022), revisits "Predator" (1987)
- 07:18 - No spoilers here, just a Hollywood ending
- 09:35 - "Predator" is a better action film, "Prey" is a better movie
- 10:47 - Trolls in a twist
- 12:15 - No subtitles for "French Klingon"
- 13:40 - Cat poop in AI headlines
- 14:20 - Cat litter is incredibly exciting?
- 16:00 - Cats openly mock litter box technology
- 18:00 - Nothing about this is AI, so just look at you cat
- 20:35 - AI-generated digital art spurs debate about News illustrations
- 21:50 - James breaks down AI
- 24:25 - Comparing editorial illustration to AI generated images (DALL-E)
- 26:57 - Is this just image sampling or will it evolve creatively?
- 28:00 - The hubris of overcoming bias
- 29:20 - Is your bias really your perspective?
- 31:50 - Random connections generate new ideas
- 33:02 - James leaves, Catherine talks to herself
- 34:15 - We probably shouldn't ignore DALL-E!
- 35:05 - Plastic wins at our demise!
- 36:00 - In: AI all the way! Out: dead cow heads!